Saturday, June 7, 2008

Segunda Dia - Sabado

After a nights sleep with the echoes of dogs from the park across the street making me dream of Tuches and Nakis (it seems like Brazilian doggies like to party almost as much as their owners) I was ready for my first run on the Copacabana boardwalk. The plan was to arrive at Ipanema, but the 9:30 AM sun was a bit too strong.

I've signed up for the 6k Fun Run on June 29, during the Rio de Janeiro Marathon. The half-marathon was tempting but the sun this morning convinced me that it would not be in my best interest.

Above is the view from our apartment.

My Portuguese is improving daily. However, I can now officially say I speak fluent "portuñol".
Hillary and I made our first trip to the grocery store, pharmacy (shampoo and body wash), and the fruit and vegetable store. More to come! If, I can figure out how to increase the amount of memory I an use with this blog.

No comments: